Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Steak and Mr. Brooks

The sliver of glass has disappeared,  which is either very good or,  it's making it's way to my heart as we speak.   

Flossie and I  made a delicious herb-crusted new york strip steak on a bed of arugula and a baked potato soup last night,  I think that might get to my heart first.  

We watched Mr Brooks.  Terrible,  just awful.  Demi Moore looks like she's free-basing Meth-amphetamine.  In fact,  everyone has terrible skin in this movie.  Dane Cook's face was like an ariel view of Baghdad after Shock and Awe.   William Hurt time travelled from the set of Kiss of the Spider Woman to cackle in the back-seat Costner's sedan.   A great On Demand purchase.  

Politics Later. 

2 comments:

Bully says said...

Sick and Loathing in Arlington, MA...To the on demand library Dana and I traveled on the fabulous fiber of FIOS. Donuts and Doh's was our choice. We had heard good things regarding the Simpson's Movie. "They really brought back a lot of the old writers." "It was funny and the first half had a lot of good gags." Hmm....perhaps it was my sickness but I didn't see it. It lacked the intertextuality that made the later 1/3 of the beginning episodes so endearing and funny. The Family Guy has taken that, copy what we know and use the art of cartoon to put into the most improbable positions, so well. I thought Blue Harvest was a much better feature than the Domed Simpsons suffering the Al Gore nightmare of global warming. Hell there wasn't even a good jab at him inventing pants. Well enough of me blathering senseless drivel on your blog. But on a semi serious note...despite my happiness for Bob that the Giants won...I'm tired, damn tired, of seeing their highlights everywhere. They had a decent season, an amazing post seaon, and an incredible upset against the best team of '07. They just happened to be the best in '08. And personally it's too early for pitchers and catchers. I just don't care. And shut the hell up Roger Clemens!!! Vitamin shots in your ass!?!?!

flossieKNITS said...

that was a great dinner, terrible movie, all in all the night was well worth living, always with you my love.